Everything is set for the grand wedding of Martina Eileen “Ai-Ai” delas Alas and Gerald Sibayan in the morning of Dec. 12 at the Christ The King Church in Quezon City, with the “luncheon and fiesta” to follow immediately at the Blue Leaf McKinley in Taguig City.
The (still blushing) bride will march down the aisle in a Frederick Peralta gown given to her as gift by her BFF Marian Rivera. The guest list was carefully drawn, including those close to the couple who consider them “family.” Because the bride accepted a new project, the honeymoon (around Europe) has to be postponed (maybe during the Valentine season next year?), a gift from Antonio “Mr. T.” Tuviera who is among the principal sponsors.
I would describe the invitation as “may puso” (with a heart) because of the way it was designed, and “unique” because it included a video (with an accompanying charger) of the pre-nup taken at the Temple of Leah in Cebu City, a multi-million shrine owned by the grandparents of Ellen Adarna, Teodorico Soriano Adarna who had it built in memory of his wife Leah Albino-Adarna, and said to be the Philippines’ version of Taj Mahal.
In flaming red gown, the would-be bride seems to recoil in girlish tenderness as the would-be groom, visibly camera-shy, wraps his arms around her and showers her with kisses. How sweet!!!
The entourage is an all-star-cast, made up of people also considered “family” by the couple.
Another roll call is in order (as the names are printed on the invitation).
• Principal Sponsors: Mr. Eugenio R. Abunda Jr. and Ms. Cory Vidanes; Atty. Jejomar “Jojo” Binay and Mrs. Analita del Mundo-Ramos; Mr. Henry Chua and Ms. Susan Co; Mr. Bobby Co and Ms. Lolit Solis; Mr. Delfin De Dios Jr. and Ms. Nancy Yang; Mr. Butch Espino and Ms. Maribel Espino; Sen. Richard Gordon and Ms. Fely Dela Cruz; Mr. Felipe Gozon and Mother Lily Monteverde; Mr. Alex Lim and Ms. Susan Lim; Mr. Robert Ogie Mendoza and Ms. Melissa Rubio-Mendoza; Sen. Ralph Recto and Cong. Vilma Santos-Recto; Mr. Willie Revillame and Ms. Cristy Fermin; Bro. Bo Sanchez and Ms. Ana Puno; Gov. Chavit Singson and Ms. Julita B. Cayanan; Mr. Antonio P. Tuviera and Ms. Avin Arayata; and Bro. Mariano “Mike” Velarde and Ms. Geraldine Desiderio-Garcia.
• Maid of Honor: Sophia Andrea Delas Alas
• Matron of Honor: Sharon Cuneta-Pangilinan
• Best Men: John Kenneth Monterubio, Richard “Alden” Faulkerson Jr. and Sancho Vito Delas Alas
• Groomsmen: Arolas Amahit, Bayani Agbayani, Ogie Alcasid, Lito Alejandria, Gerry Catama, Carlos Antonie Cayanan, Kevin Dalisay, Heildenberg Dimarukot, Ariel Manalo, Jerald Guillen Napoles, Piolo Jose Pascual, Kennedy Rioveros, Randy Santiago, Gene Sibayan, George Sibayan and Paul Vivas
• Bridesmaids: Socorro Adam, Lenlen Rogacion, Regine Velasquez-Alcasid, Lovely Abella, Malou De Guzman, Barbara Ambas Forteza, Bianca Carlos, Abby Bañares-Co, Rufa Mae Magallanes, Valeen Margarita Montenegro, Cielito Fernandez, Shanna May Retuya, Marilou Santiago, Eugene Domingo, Joan Fagara-Delas Alas and Rechie Del Carmen
• Secondary Sponsors: Mr. Marvic Sotto and Ms. Pauleen Luna-Sotto, Candle; Mr. Dingdong Dantes and Ms. Marian Rivera-Dantes, Veil; and Mr. Joseph Calata and Ms. Marnely S. Calata, Cord
• Bible Bearer: Stephen Sibayan
• Coin Bearer: Gabriel Sibayan
• Ring Bearer: Seth Andrei Delas Alas
• Flower Girls: Ambella Sibayan and Angela Sibayan
All accounted for.
Listed as parents are Engr. Justa Delas Alas (Ai-Ai’s), and Mr. and Mr. Gregorio & Mrs. Linda Sibayan (Gerald’s).
Lady guests are reminded: Strictly no white.
And this request: Your presence at our wedding is present enough. But if we’re honored with a gift from you, may we respectfully request a gift of money to help the dream of our new home come true!
Requested as honestly as family members would deal with one another.
Mabuhay ang ikakasal!