Does the so-called “seven-year itch” apply not just to married couples but also to those going steady?
Definitely not to Megan Young and Mikael Daez who haven’t experienced it in the more than seven years that they have been going steady, starting two years prior to Megan’s winning the country’s first Miss World crown in 2013.
The sweethearts are as close as close can be, so comfortable with each other that during their frequent travels around the world, they have no qualms about sharing a room… with malice towards none.
They are enjoying each other’s company, so they claimed that they don’t see the need (yet!) to get married. You know, if it ain’t broke, why fix it?
Megan and Mikael are together for the first time in a soap, GMA’s The Stepdaughters, together with, among others, Katrina Halili whose lovelife has been zero for a few years now but is complacent with the set-up with ex-boyfriend Kris Lawrence who isn’t remiss in his obligations (visitation, etc.) toward their five-year-old daughter Katy.
In the soap, real-life good friends (both StarStruck graduates) Megan and Katrina are at odds, always in the act of slapping each other at every turn. Watch ‘em!
“I don’t really mind being single,” Katrina told the movie writers. “I just want to work and save for my daughter’s future. I have more time for myself and my friends, and most especially for my daughter.”
So what “completes” Megan and Katrina?
Mikael is Megan’s leading man in The Stepdaughters
• I hate people… who are mean to other people.
• I avoid people… who are mayabang and kung nagyayabang sila and I know not in a nice way.
• My greatest pleasure in life is… in helping others.
• My worst moment is… saying something funny and no one reacts.
• My biggest fear… is losing the people that I love the most.
• I pray for… my family every single day. I pray for good health and I pray that they always have a good head above their shoulders.
• The most important person in my life is… Mikael.
• If I were to be reincarnated as an animal, I would be… a cat.
• I deal with gossip by… not even listening to it.
• The one thing that I can’t do without is… good food.
• The guy who turns me on is… Chris Hemsworth.
• The guy who turns me off is… someone who talks about his girl conquests.
• I lose my temper… when people around me are being mistreated.
• When I am alone in my room I fantasize about… having a room full of video games so that if ever I feel like playing, one type of console is already there and I can just insert a game and play from there.
• If I were somebody else, I would be… Emma Stone.
• I’m happiest when… I’m traveling.
• I’m saddest when… people are angry.
• My ultimate goal is… to make sure that my family lives a good life.
• What I like about myself is… that?I’m personable.
• What I don’t like about myself… sometimes I’m not personable.
Katrina and her ex-boyfriend Kris Lawrence with their five-year-old daughter Katy—From Kris Lawrence’s Instagram
• I hate people who are… reklamador.
• I avoid people who are… mayabang.
• My greatest pleasure in life is… my daughter, Katy.
• My worst moment is… kapag nagkaka-pimples ako.
• My biggest fear is… tumaba.
• I am praying for… maging maganda ang future namin ng anakko.
• The most important person in my life is… my mom.
• If I were to be reincarnated as an animal, I would be… a bird.
• I deal with gossip by… dedma!
• The one thing that I can’t do without is… baking.
• The guy who turns me on… is someone with an angelic face.
• The guy who turns me off is… mayabang.
• My philosophy in life… is enjoy life.
• I lose my temper when… nakakakilala ako o nakakakita ng mgataong reklamador.
• When I am alone in my room, I fantasize about… recipes, mga lulutuin ko for the next days.
• If I were somebody else, I would be… wala. Ako lang.
• I am happiest when… I get to spend time with my family.
• I am saddest when… I gain weight.
• My ultimate goal is… to save and invest.
• What I like about myself is that… I’m happier now.
• What I don’t like about myself is… my being iyakin. Pikon.Syempre kapag pikon, iiyak na.