At least 70 people had died in the measles outbreak and cases continue to rise, the Department of Health said on Monday.
From January 1 to February 9, 2019, the Health department recorded 4,302 cases.
The department’s epidemiology bureau said Metro Manila had the most number of cases at 1,296 and 18 deaths. This was followed by Calabarzon (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon) with 1,086 cases and 25 deaths; Central Luzon with 481 cases with 3 deaths; Western Visayas with 212 cases and four deaths.
Northern Mindanao also recorded 189 cases with five deaths.
The Health department declared a measles outbreak in Metro Manila, Central Luzon, Calabarzon and Western and Central Visayas last week.
Most of the patients were children aged one month to four years. Sixty percent of them had not been vaccinated against measles, the Health department said. CATHERINE MODESTO