July 18, 2019
PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday said he was considering appointing a military man to replace Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piñol.
In a television interview with Pastor Apollo Quibuloy, Duterte said he was searching for the replacement of Pinol, who has been transferred to the Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA) following his resignation.
“I am scouting around. Maybe again a military man because I can order easily and they do it without question,” he said.
“When I tell you do this, do that, do not question me because I will never give you an order to do something that is illegal,” he added.
Last week, Duterte told The Manila Times in an interview that he would appoint more military men to the government.
He said he preferred military men because they do things quickly and without corruption.
Among the former military men in the Cabinet are Presidential Political Adviser Carlito Galvez Jr., Social Welfare Secretary Rolando Bautista, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon Jr., Interior Secretary Eduardo Año, Information Technology Secretary Gregorio Honasan 2nd, Technical Education and Skills Development Authority Secretary Isidro Lapeña and Customs Commissioner Rey Leonardo Guerrero.
Credit belongs to : www.manilatimes.net