Wednesday , February 26 2020
Home / Philippine News / Apayao barangays get 57 patrol vehicles

Apayao barangays get 57 patrol vehicles

MOBILITY. Governor Eleanor Bulut-Begtang distributes 57 patrol cars to 57 barangays in the seven towns of Apayao on Thursday (Feb. 13, 2020). The vehicles are primarily intended for barangay patrol and transport people during emergencies and calamities. (PNA photo by Liza T. Agoot)

LUNA, Apayao — The provincial government has distributed 57 new patrol vehicles to barangays (villages) in all seven municipalities.

“Use the vehicle to help our people in times of need especially because our barangays are so far away,” Governor Eleanor Bulut-Begtang told barangay officials during the turn-over ceremony on Thursday.

The vehicles were given to the towns of Calanasan, 10; Conner, 10; Cabugao, 7; Luna, 8; Pudtol, 9; Sta. Marcela, 5; and Flora, 8. Apayao has 135 barangays.

“Take care of it, maintain it so that it can serve our people for many years,” she added.

More than 40 of the vehicles will be given to barangays that are not accessible and have yet to be connected to the road system, Bulut-Begtang said.

Ronald Ramirez, association of barangay captains (ABC) president in the capital town of Luna, said the vehicles would serve the people well in transporting patients to the hospital and during calamities.

“Do not use it to just to make yourself handsome or for political gains, make it accessible to our people in need 24 hours a day, use it for the good of all,” he said.

The turn-over of the vehicles coincides with the province’s 25th founding anniversary celebration.

Apayao was separated from the original Kalinga Apayao province on Feb. 14, 1995, by virtue of a Republic Act 7878 initiated by then Rep. Elias K. Bulut Sr. after winning the seat in 1992. He subsequently served as the province’s first governor.

Bulut-Begtang said one of the priorities is to continue the road projects.

“I will try to open roads even if they are just dirt roads so that our villages will be connected to us,” she said. (PNA)

Credit belongs to : Philippine News Agency

index.php

Duterte tops De Lima list of people she wants banned in US

In this file photo taken July 25, 2016, President Rodrigo Duterte and Sen. Leila de …