The NHL trade deadline is fast approaching.
Monday, Feb. 24, at 3 p.m. ET is the cutoff for teams to decide if they’re playoff contenders or playoff pretenders.
Big names are reportedly on the trade block, including upcoming unrestricted free agents Chris Kreider (New York Rangers), Sami Vatanen (New Jersey Devils) and Jean-Gabriel Pageau (Ottawa Senators) and restricted free agent Alexandar Georgiev (Rangers). The question is: Who wants to pay a heavy price for what could potentially be a rental player?
MORE TRADE DEADLINE:
The teams that could weaponize their cap space
On the other end, a few teams are looking to create cap space or move soon-to-be free agents as the season appears to be a lost one.
Who is a buyer and who is a seller? It will all be revealed between now and when the clock strikes 3 p.m.
Here’s a list of every trade completed before the NHL’s 2020 deadline.
NHL trade deadline tracker 2020
|Feb. 19||Golden Knights||Alec Martinez (D)||Kings||2020 second-round pick, 2021 second-round pick|
|Feb. 19||Leafs||Denis Malgin (F)||Panthers||Mason Marchment (F)|
|Feb. 18||Blues||Marco Scandella (D)||Canadiens||2020 second-round pick, 2021 conditional fourth-round pick|
|Feb. 18||Capitals||Brenden Dillon (D)||Sharks||2020 second-round pick (from COL), 2021 conditional third-round pick|
|Feb. 18||Jets||Dylan DeMelo (D)||Senators||2020 third-round pick|
|Feb. 18||Rangers||Julien Gauthier (F)||Hurricanes||Joey Keane (D)|
|Feb. 17||Canucks||Tyler Toffoli (F)||Kings||Tim Schaller (F), Tyler Madden (F), 2020 second-round pick, 2022 conditional fourth-round pick|
|Feb. 15||Lightning||Blake Coleman (F)||Devils||Nolan Foote (F), 2020 conditional first-round pick (from VAN)|
|Feb. 15||Islanders||Andy Greene (D)||Devils||David Quenneville (D), 2021 second-round pick|
|Feb. 10||Penguins||Jason Zucker (F)||Wild||Alex Galchenyuk (F), Calen Addison (D), 2020 conditional first-round pick|
|Feb. 5||Leafs||Jack Campbell (G), Kyle Clifford (F)||Kings||Trevor Moore (F), 2020 third-round pick, 2021 conditional third-round pick|
|Jan. 17||Penguins||John Nyberg (D)||Stars||Oula Palve (F)|
|Jan. 7||Canadiens||Laurent Dauphin (F)||Predators||Michael McCarron (F)|
|Jan. 2||Sabres||Michael Frolik (F)||Flames||2020 fourth-round pick|
|Jan. 2||Canadiens||Marco Scandella (D)||Sabres||2020 fourth-round pick|
Feb. 15 Lightning Blake Coleman (F) Devils Nolan Foote (F), 2020 conditional first-round pick (from VAN) Chris Kreider, Kasperi Kapanen and the 10 players most likely to be moved
Latest NHL trade rumors and news
- Brenden Dillon trade grades: Capitals add defensive depth as Sharks begin anew
- Tyler Toffoli trade grade: Canucks pay hefty price for offensive threat
- Flames: Still need top-six forward after recent offensive outburst?
- Devils: Once thought of as contenders, move forward with rebuild
- Blake Coleman trade grades: Lightning gain depth, Devils add top prospect Nolan Foote
- Devils: Sami Vatanen the most valuable trade chip?
- Canadiens: All-in or fold with Ilya Kovalchuk?
- Maple Leafs: Need to add defense before NHL trade deadline
- Chris Kreider, Kasperi Kapanen and the 10 players most likely to be moved
- Flames: Look to bolster defensive depth and scoring
- Senators: Should steer clear of full-sale strategy, retain Jean-Gabriel Pageau
- Jets: Could they make a big splash, replace Dustin Byfuglien?
- Oilers: Will they be in on Chris Kreider sweepstakes?
- Canucks: Will they add Tyler Toffoli or Wayne Simmonds
- Kings: Should go all in, trade Alec Martinez and Tyler Toffoli
- Maple Leafs trade grade: Much-needed goaltending, grit come over Kings
- Canadiens, Ducks and the teams that could weaponize their cap space at the deadline
- Sharks: Bruins, Hurricanes interested in Brenden Dillon
- Five forwards who could move teams by the trade deadline
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Chris Kreider and the top 10 trade candidates coming out of the NHL All-Star break
- Penguins: Reportedly remain interested in Wild’s Jason Zucker
- Red Wings: Trevor Daley reportedly desires move to playoff contender
- Rangers: 5 potential landing spots for Chris Kreider
- Bruins: Rangers’ Chris Kreider is a top deadline target
- Maple Leafs: Reportedly inquired about Rangers goaltender Alexandar Georgiev
Credit belongs to : https://sports.yahoo.com