There’s a whole lot of shuffling going on at Sony Pictures with their release slate. The new release dates are the result of the current coronavirus outbreak.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Columbia Pictures) has been moved to March 5, 2021 from its original July 10 release date while the vampire Sony/Marvel collaboration Morbius(Columbia Pictures) will now be released on March 19, 2021 as opposed to its July 31 debut.
More from Deadline
- Sony Pictures Building Set To Reopen After Visitor Tested Positive For Coronavirus
- Sony Puts Pause On ‘Uncharted’ Production Amid Coronavirus Fears
- Sony Pictures Latest Studio To OK Working From Home; Lot, Office Still Open
Tom Hanks World War II Pic Greyhoundhas been pushed to a TBD date from its original June 12 premiere while the Kevin Hart pic Fatherhoodwill now hit theaters on October 23 instead of January 15, 2021.
Other films that have shifted are Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway (Columbia Pictures) which will now debut on January 15, 2021 instead of August 7. While Uncharted (Columbia Pictures), which has delayed production will now open on October 8, 2021 instead of March 5, 2021. Finally, an untitled Sony-Marvel pic has been moved to a TBD date instead of opening on October 8, 2021.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Has Most Cases Worldwide As Death Toll Passes 2,400; Global Deaths At 33,100 – Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
Credit belongs to : https://sports.yahoo.com