The partnership continues CAA’s relationship with UMA, which recently signed an exclusive first-look deal with Southeast Asia’s largest media conglomerate, Kompas Gramedi. CAA Media Finance brokered the deal and also is representing the global distribution rights to the UMA-produced feature Memories of My Body, Indonesia’s official selection for Best International Feature Film race at the 2020 Academy Awards.
More from Deadline
- CAA Signs ‘13 Reasons Why’ Actor Tommy Dorfman
- Kristen Wiig Signs With CAA
- WGA-UTA Deal Breaks Seal With Affiliate Production & Record-Sharing Terms, Raises Question Of Who Will Sign Next
Led by founder and CEO Michy Gustavia, UMA is backed by a $20 million investment fund and focused on local-language content in one of the fastest-growing entertainment and media markets. The company’s film slate includes the upcoming releases The Villa and The Betrayal.
The deal expands CAA footprint in the Asian entertainment market. For more than a decade, the agency has been at the center of every major U.S./China production and directed over $780 million in Chinese capital into English-language content, it said. CAA Media Finance’s work across the global entertainment arena includes extensive experience in buildign financing and distribution entities such as Elevation (Canada), Library Pictures International, Wild Bunch International (France), Neon (U.S.), RT TV (Brazil), and Elysian Film Group Distribution (UK).
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
Credit belongs to : https://sports.yahoo.com