Photograph by Wrenn Sanchez for the Daily Tribune
How are your holiday preparations going? I’m sure you’ve all been busy not just in making your lists but also in squeezing in some time to get the perfect presents for family and loved ones this Christmas.
The quarantine has really made a lot of people discover their talent in baking. I’ve seen a lot of friends post the prettiest and most delicious-looking pastries and breads and am really just loving it.
And with Christmas in a few days, nothing could be more heartwarming than sharing one’s newfound skills in the form of gifts to people we love. Food is always a great idea especially when it comes from one’s kitchen.
Here’s a sweet idea that I’m very sure will be much appreciated by those who receive it! Cream cheese and cream make it a melt-in-your-mouth treat while blueberries give it a nice tangy and sweet flavor. Package in a box decorated by you for double that joyful personal touch. Enjoy!
For the crust
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup flour, sifted
1/3 cup sugar
For the cheesecake filling
2 1/2 Tbsp. gelatin powder
1/3 cup water
1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
For the topping
1. Preheat the oven at 350 of or 170 °C.
2. Wrap the bottom of an eight- or nine-inch removable bottom round cake pan with foil.
3. Combine the crust ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to prepared pan and press gently.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. For the cheesecake filling: In a pan, add water to the gelatin mixture and cook over low heat until clear. Set aside.
6. Beat cream cheese, sugar and creme together until light and creamy.
7. Add the gelatin mixture. Beat again. Pour unto the baked crust and refrigerate until firm.
8. Unmold the cheesecake and top with blueberries.
Credit belongs to : www.tribune.net.ph