DAVAO CITY – There has been no human-to-human transmission involving the B.1.1.7 or the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) UK variant here so far despite the first known case being recorded in the city recently.
This was the result of the contact tracing done by the City Health Office (CHO) following the first-ever case involving a 10-year-old boy, according to Dr. Ashley Lopez, CHO head, in a statement Thursday.
Lopez said the boy has not traveled outside the city while his family has no known exposure to foreigners.
“So far, we have not yet encountered any problems, especially for the risk of transmission because we have contained it immediately,” Lopez said.
He said the boy’s immediate household contacts, including his relatives, all tested negative and are about to end their quarantine.
However, Lopez assured that health authorities monitoring the place where the boy resides have not found any surge of cases in the area.
Meanwhile, Lopez said the city has recorded an 89 percent Covid-19 recovery rate.
“We need to surpass the national rate of 93.1 percent recovery rate nationwide. If we happen to exceed the recovery rate, then, that’s a very good accomplishment for Davao City,” Lopez said.
Lopez also reiterated his call for the public to strictly observe minimum health standards to further mitigate the risk of acquiring or transmitting the virus.
CHO earlier said it has recorded a significant downtrend in Covid-19 active cases in the city in the past two weeks, going down from around 1,500 to 748 active cases.
Lopez also attributed the downtrend of cases here to accurate forecasting.
“The recording and reporting are important because it will help us monitor our cases and hereafter, we will be able to foresee or forecast what will happen to us for the next coming weeks and months),” he explained.
As of Feb. 24, this city logged a total of 12,871 confirmed Covid-19 cases, 771 of which are active. (PNA)
Credit belongs to : www.pna.gov.ph