National Police chief Gen. Guillermo Eleazar on Thursday reiterated that the force do not condone nor cover up wrongdoings, especially in the war against illegal drugs, and vowed to continue the aggressive campaign.
In a statement, Eleazar pointed out that the PNP is cooperating with the Department of Justice for a review of anti-drug operations, including those that resulted in deaths and injuries and were deemed to have violated our police operational procedures.
“At least 53 case folders have already been turned over to the DOJ for further review and possible prosecution,” he said.
Eleazar said ground commanders have already been instructed, since then, to immediately submit after-operation reports of all drug-related operations.
Reports that resulted in deaths or injuries are all being verified by the Internal Affairs Service, through its motu propio investigation power, he said.
“These are all part of our efforts to strengthen transparency and accountability in the conduct of our operations amid various allegations that have been hounding the police organization in the last five years,” said Eleazar.
“Kami man sa PNP ay gustong matapos na ang lahat ng pagdududa at mga alegasyong ito dahil ang buong organisasyon na ang nadadamay dito.”
Eleazar said the aggressive campaign against illegal drugs will continue because PNP data show that operations under it have contributed to a 64 percent reduction of index crime in the last five years.
That is “a validation of our analysis before that most criminal incidents in the country are related to illegal drug abuse,” he said.
“We assure our kababayan that we shall remain committed to the principles of transparency and accountability that we have been working hard for in order to continue winning the trust, confidence, and respect of the Filipino people,” Eleazar added.
Credit belongs to : www.tribune.net.ph