Paul Butler and WBO bantamweight champion John Riel Casimero (Instragram and AFP)
Casimero posted a series of videos on his Youtube channel “Quadro Alas it’s my boy” vlogging his way through the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) with his brother Jason.
Though the final date is already set at December 11, the venue between Dubai in the United Arab Emirates or Liverpool in the United Kingdom has yet to be announced.
He also started posting training videos but his formal training camp isn’t determined yet.
The match will be promoted by new promotion Probellum headed by long-time boxing promoter Richard Schaefer as it won the purse bid uncontested at $105,000.
MP (Manny Pacquiao) Promotions and TGB Promotions, both representing Casimero, did not participate in the bidding.
With the purse, the 31-year-old Casimero is entitled to 75 percent of the winning bid ($78,750) as the reigning champion while Butler will get the remaining 25 percent ($26,250) as the mandatory challenger.
The Ormoc, Leyte native boxer is fresh from a split decision win over Cuban foe Guillermo Rigondeaux last month to improve at 31-4 record on top of 21 knockouts.
The 32-year-old Butler, for his part, also entered his seventh straight win, like Casimero, with the latest win coming from Mexican foe Willibaldo Garcia via split decision in June to capture the vacant WBO International bantamweight title.
Credit belongs to : www.mb.com.ph